Background

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Going Home...

...To Salt Lake, that is.  It was a bit of a strange experience.  Suddenly, there's ten million times more construction.  And I kept noticing things that are different from my apartment.  For example, I was really confused when all of a sudden the silverware organizer thing was blue instead of white, there were no paper towels by the sink, and I didn't have to wash my dishes!  So strange.  I've lived in Logan for a week, but am already so used to being here that going home is super weird because it's so different.  Ridiculous.

I do enjoy going home though.  I had been missing a certain someone very very much, got to see them 3 times, and each time was absolutely wonderful. :)  Unfortunately, I did not get practically any room-cleaning done, which was half the point of going...  But, oh well.  It'll get done.  Eventually.  More of an excuse to go home and see Scott, right??  I really do have reasons for going home other than just seeing Scott, even if he is the main reason.  This time it was supposedly to clean my room, next time it'll be to do appointments and make some money (which really will happen! I am determined to get things done this time!), but in the future, I plan on avoiding my home ward, and being back in time for my student ward.  Today, I sluffed in Young Women's instead of going to Relief Society.  It was the 5th Sunday so Relief Society and Priesthood were combined, and I just really didn't want to go.
I did have a cool opportunity though.  There's an old people's care center up the street, and today I got to go be the chorister for their sacrament meeting.  My ward was in charge of providing speakers, and apparently forgot, so the presiding High Council Members just winged it, and gave some really great talks about the Holy Ghost and true companionship.  And of course, hearing all the old ladies sing was great.  I was also really surprised by the pianist, she had to have been at least 80, but was almost flawless in her playing, and the prelude music was some fairly difficult stuff.  Old people are great.

Last thing.  Tomorrow is the first day of regular classes.  I'm pretty darn excited, but scared at the same time. I don't like homework.  And I suppose i'm a little scared about making friends and stuff, but I know it's really up to me, and all I have to do is go talk to someone, so I'll be fine there.
Alright, if I go to bed right now, I'll actually get 8 hours of sleep! That's different.. I think I'll give it a try. :)

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment