Sunday, May 22, 2011
It was raining, and Emily was driving in the left lane, going about 70 on the freeway.
Well, at the bottom of a small hill, there was this big huge puddle of water, and as Emily and Nick hit it, they hydroplaned, and the car started spinning.
Somehow, miraculously, they did not hit any other cars.
For a split second, they straightened out and it seemed like they may be able to regain control. Then they started spinning again, and then they hit the big cement wall in the middle of the freeway.
Then, about a minute later they saw another crashed looking car coming towards them, but he was just slowing down and pulling off, and he stopped about 15 feet away from them. He hydroplaned and may have hit somebody in the process.. I honestly don't know what happened with that.
But, overall, there were 4 damaged cars suddenly on the side of the freeway..
Everybody was really nice to me, a guy gave me his jacket to use, and Nick was awesome and just hugged me and kept me calm.
A lady to happened to be an EMT stopped because she saw the crash and came and helped, somebody gave me a blanket and made me go sit down..
Honestly the whole thing is a little bit of a blur now. The whole thing probably took about 2 hours, filling out police reports and getting my stuff out of the car, etc.. But it all seemed like it happened really fast.
Emily's dad came to pick up her and Nick, and while they were in a neighborhood turning around to go home, Emily fainted in the car for a minute. Emily's dad pulled over, and then Nick suggested that they give Emily a priesthood blessing. Emily's Dad and Nick did so, and Emily felt much better after that.
(The fainting most likely happened because the adrenaline and everything from the crash was finally wearing off and Emily's body and mind just couldn't quite handle it.)
Thankfully, nobody was seriously injured. For a crash in the middle of the freeway, it was pretty minimal.
Emily is a little cut and bruised, Nick has a bruised knee, but that's it.
I'm sure i'll feel the soreness and everything from the impact tomorrow, but for now I just have a dull headache that won't go away.
I am so thankful for the fact that it was not very serious. Really. It could have been very very bad. With the airbags deploying, I could have broken my nose or some ribs (according to the EMT lady), but I didn't.
My car is not very okay, and I don't really know the extent of the damage there (I honestly didn't look much), but I am okay, Nick is okay, and that is what matters.
I definitely had some guardian angels watching out for me today.
Saturday, April 23, 2011
So I just discovered this thing called Windows Live Writer.. It lets you write a blog post in a totally different program, then publish it to Blogger. I’m trying it. :D
Yep, that’s right. I’m a Ravenclaw.
(Mostly, I found a random picture to insert to see if it would work well.)
Let’s do this.
Sunday, March 20, 2011
Sunday, February 20, 2011
(She needed something for her design class, and we finally found it at the last one.)
On the way, however, I finally bought myself a glue gun. And.. A lot of other things. And now I've been having fun with them. :)
Here are the results:
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
- I eat croutons like popcorn.
- I am crazy jealous of Christopher Gorham's wife.
- I work best under pressure.
- I eat tuna and kraft singles at 2 in the morning when i'm hungry and can't sleep.
- I am a total sucker for totally cheesy romantic stuff.
- I am obsessed with weddings. I stay up till 3 in the morning looking at wedding dresses and cakes.
- I am addicted to Sudoku.
- I play Fruit Ninja when I can't sleep, or when I get bored in my Humanities class.
- I actually think Miley Cyrus is funny on the Hannah Montana tv show, of which I have seen almost every episode.
- I really really really want to meet Matthew Inman, because I think he is amazing. (The creator of theoatmeal.)
- One of my life goals is to own every original Iron Man comic.
- Another one of my life goals is to own this and this.
- I spend WAY too much time on Netflix and Hulu.
- I hate running. With a passion. The ONLY time I run is when I am majorly pissed.
- I really really wish I hadn't stopped taking piano lessons. I can only teach myself so much.
- I am a total pack rat. I save everything.
- I am almost always the third wheel.
- I really want to take Ben Hunt's Pro Web Design Course.
- I want to be a secretary. Just for one summer.
- I sleep with a teddy bear every night. Can't sleep without it.
- I have the full 16-minute version of Rhapsody in Blue on my iPod. And I actually listen to it. The whole thing.