Background

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Really Good Books, #1

I. Love. Reading. I've done it all my life, and I will never quit.  I used to get grounded from reading, because my mom would send me to clean my room, and I would sit and read instead.  I used to read 2 or 3 books at a time, for hours a day.  I wish I still had the time to do so.  Reading is pretty much my favorite.

I don't know how many people actually read this, or how many people actually care, but I'm just going to put it out there anyway.  I've decided to do a series of posts about some really good books I've read.

To start off, I'm really sharing two books.  The Hourglass Door, and it's sequel, The Golden Spiral.  Written by Lisa Mangum, these books are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.!  They have such a great plot line, and require you to actually think a little.  It's not simply a cute/interesting story to read (though, it still is definitely those things as well).  This is true literary genius.  The concept of time in these books is so interesting, and it makes me wonder how she ever came up with the idea for it.



Also, I am SO excited for the third book, The Forgotten Locket.  I am pretty much dying with anticipation, waiting to see what happens next.  Maybe I can get my hands on another ARC? :)



Sometime, I would really like to just sit down with Lisa and talk to her about these books.  Where she got the idea, how it all came together, and all the associated adventures with writing it.  She's pretty famous now, but maybe she'll make time for me someday.  She was one of my YW's leaders, after all.  Here's to hoping that I'll get that chance sometime.  

More to come later.  For now, I should probably go to bed.  It's 2:09 AM.  

<3



No comments:

Post a Comment